Queremos hacernos eco de varios documentos elaborados por la UNESCO y publicados en 2015, bajo el titulo Open Access for Resarchers. Esta organización, en el marco de la estrategia de la organización denominada Open Access to scientific information and research, ha elaborado 5 módulos para investigadores relacionados con el OA.
- Open Access for Researchers 1: Scholarly Communications
- Open Access for Researchers 2: Concepts of Openness and Open Access
- Open Access for Researchers 3: Intellectual Property Rights
- Open Access for Researchers 4: Research Evaluation Metrics
- Open Access for Researchers 5: Sharing your Work in Open Access
The curricula for researchers entitled “Open Access for Researchers” addresses OA issues within the community of research scholars. The modules cover the subject areas of Scholarly Communications, Concepts of Openness and Open Access, Intellectual Property Rights and Research Evaluation Metrics. The first four modules have been developed to nurture researchers with an elaborate understanding of the genesis, objectives, processes, types and existing limitations of OA scholarly communication, which include insights into the issues related to IPR, the methods and limitations of the process of peer reviewing and the concepts and roles of E-journals, databases, ICTs, OSS and other OERs. The final and fifth Module entitled “Sharing your Work in Open Access” provides a step-wise guideline for researchers about the process and options available for publishing their research work (UNESCO, 2014).